Enjoy the attractive leisure facilities in the holistic health resort of Goessweinstein
- Goessweinstein basilica: "The Holy Trinity" Basilica is a pilgrimage destination from May through October, especially on weekends.
The sumptuous edifice, built by the architect Balthasar Neumann, was inaugurated in 1739.
There is a pilgrimage trail which is also a part of the Saint Jacobs´s Pilgrims trail.
- Guided visits and organ music in the cathedral:
from May to October every Friday at 10.00 am; music performance by the organist, Mr. Schaeffner.
- Concerts in the basilica are held in summer and in advent.
- Pilgrimage museum (the sacred centre of Franconian Switzerland)
Meditation at the Franciscan Monastery (catholic); Prayer Pavillion (evangelical).
The most beautivul Calvary of the region with the stations "Oil Hill", " Elisabeth grotto", "Theaterhoehle" cave and Summit Cross.
- "Goessweinstein" castle: the castle is open to visitors from May through October, for more information see www.burgenstraße.de
- "Osterbrunnen" according to a local tradtion fountains are decorated with hundreds or thousands of coloured and painted eggs from Palm Sunday to the third week after Easter.
- Pit-Pat crazy golf a really beautiful facility, especially for children
- Panorama swimming bath: natural swimming facility for free and accessible Hydrotherapy facility (Kneipp)
- Balthasar-Neumann-circuit with numerours viewpoints; length about 3 km.
- Painting school and creativity centre in the neighbouring hamlet of Morschreuth
Courses: folk art painting, watercolour painting, painting under glass and Easter egg dying, plus many more.
- "Stempfermuehle" boat hire: kayaks, canoes, rowing and pedal boats.
- Exciting activities by "Leinen-Los": archery, cave exploration, mounting biking,soccergolf, disgolf, standuppaddling, kajak and canouing.
- Climbing around Goessweinstein marked climbing routes in our world famous rock area with its numerous Jurassic rocks for example the "Napoleonsfelsen" and the " Martinswand"
- Fly fishing on the "Puettlach" river
In order to get a day or a week permit you need a fishing license and a guest card.
- Horse riding at the "Gilligbauernhof" farm. The equestrian centre provides equine science and riding certificate courses.
- Fraenkisch-Schweiz-marathon: on the 1st weekend of September
- E-Bike hire at the petrol station
- Guided walks with the night watch man every second Saturday of the month in summer
- Several fairs and flea markets throughout the year
- "Haus der Edlen Steine", goldsmith store: Mr. Schelhas, the goldsmith, crafts and jewellery
- "Behringersmuehle" historic railway to the town of Ebermannstadt,
Trains pulled by steam or diesel locomotives run on Sunday;
- in August there are only steam trains on Sunday and on Wednesday.
- Hiking trail leading from the "Fellnerdoline" (cave in the ground) to the "Stempfermuehle" springs
- Trail of legends for children
- A vast hiking area all around Goessweinstein
- Four valleys converge at "Behringersmuehle" the upper and lower "Wiesent" valley, the "Puettlach" Valley and the "Ailsbach" valley.
- Motorbike tours in the region